Welcome to our Research course. On this course, you will work through various lessons covering the meaning and purpose of research, as well as completing tasks to work through your understanding.
Here are the Learning Outcomes:
- Learn the meaning and purpose of research at Further Education and Higher Education levels
- Develop a number of research methods
- Explore choosing a question and what wider reading about these may entail
- Learn the meaning and importance of reliable sources and referencing
- Think about online presentation skills
By the end, you will reflect on what you have learned and will have heard from individuals who research and have researched: in their apprenticeship; in their university experience; and in their career.
This course will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete, but you do not need to do this all at once – your progress will be saved as you go along! If you are unsure of any words or abbreviations throughout the course, you can download our ‘Jargon Buster’ in the course materials!
Take a look at the video below for a quick introduction to the course content: