Film and Media Progression Routes
This section will give you an overview of specific film and media progression routes.
The rise of streaming services means it’s a great time to be involved in the media industry. There are multiple routes that you could take related to film and media.
For example, you could do a college course such as film or photography (level 2 and/or 3). A Levels appropriate for film and media include media studies, performing arts, or English literature.
In terms of apprenticeships, there are a range available from levels 3-7.
- Broadcast and Media Systems Technician (level 3)
- Junior 2D Artist (level 4)
- Channel 4 Apprenticeship Scheme (level 4-6)
In terms of higher education, there exists a vast array of university courses available. For example, there are 347 Film and Media university courses in England.
- University of Cumbria: BA(Hons) Film and Television, BA (Hons) Photography
- Lancaster University: BA (Hons) Media and Cultural Studies, BA (Hons) Film and Theatre
A progression route related to film and media can provide you with transferable skills that can be applied to multiple sectors. For example, skills like creativity, communication and critical thinking.